The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

San Juan 2008-05

robsteve

Subscriber
Here are a couple more from the model shoot. My 10mp digital back can't compare to the Phase and Sinar backs being shot by the others.

The green gate added a green cast to the models faces.

robsteve

Subscriber
On the model shoot I found motion blur and focus errors ruined most of my shots. There is a reason they shoot models with big power packs and at f8 or more.

Robert

Terry

On the model shoot I found motion blur and focus errors ruined most of my shots. There is a reason they shoot models with big power packs and at f8 or more.

Robert
Robert,
My model shoot M8/75 cron keeper rate is low for with poor focus being the major issue. That is where the D300 and AF was helpful. That being said even with the D300 my overall keeper rate needs more practice :grin:

David K

Workshop Member
Rob and Terry, as far as keepers on a model shoot, I wouldn't be upset with a low rate under these circumstances. Having a large group shoot models simultaneously is not the ideal setup (but it sure was fun). As Jack mentioned during that portion of the workshop, it's difficult, if not impossible, to get into a rhythm or get any kind of rapport with the model when she doesn't even know which camera to look at. FWIW, when I pick my keepers, I'm looking more for the facial expression I like than for ultimate sharpness. If I haven't nailed focus on that capture, I soften it up further with some glamour processing like I did on the shot I just posted.

David K

Workshop Member
Sunrise shot of Terry, Lance (on the left) and Bob's ghost :) Kind of spooky when you're only a few steps from the graveyard. Got to love that early morning light.

Terry

Beautiful shot David. I don't mind being in MF shots this far away. It is when a 100% crop of the face is like 11x14 that it gets pretty scary :D.

tollie

Workshop Member
David,

I think the PP treatment of your glam shot is wonderful... great softness... I'll bet it would be a great bw conversion.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few from the ZD in the rain forest:

Here's a crop from the above -- note it is a 4 second exposure...:

Cheers,