The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

San Juan 2008-05

David K

Workshop Member
With a wardrobe change I think Jack might have a future in modeling :)

Guy, these shots are great.
Bob, agree with Todd, that first shot is super.

Just for the record, you really don't want to go walking under the trees in that forrest. Lots and lots of snakes hanging from the branches.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jack - Arch the back a little more next time please - it helps to straighten out some of the lines!

robsteve

Subscriber
Here is the DMR with Flexcolor processing. Flexcolor seems to do the best with skin tones and reds like in the dress.

etrigan63

What, pray tell, is a "golden mean"? The noun "mean" is an average. So a "golden mean" is an average Jesus gave us? Jack, circle the silly cat in Photoshop and repost. I cannot see it.

etrigan63

Wow! I could not see that until you pointed it out. My brain had a blank spot for some reason. I never doubted there was a cat there, I just couldn't make it out.

Googling "golden mean" gets me various mathematical formulae regarding "perfect irrational numbers" and the Wiktionary defines it as:

Noun
golden mean (plural golden means)
A position of precise balance between good and evil.

Still don't know how this applies to that image.

Thanks for showing me the cat. Maybe it belongs to Erwin Schrödinger?

etrigan63

Well I don't see how the Fibonacci Series applies but I will take your word for it. And I have a minor in Mathematics. I studied the Fibonacci Series as a regression tool but it was never called the "golden mean" or that it had applications in photography.