The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

San Juan 2008-05

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks for sharing this its quite interesting especially the fact that you can use lightroom to evaluate you composition . :thumbup:
We actually teach this on most of the workshops, we did not however in San Juan since it was more about shooting and venue but Jack and i do a nice composition and exposure module that really is pretty good by showing some images and going over why it works compositionally wise and we do use the golden mean but we also talk about diagonals and circles of composition and other factors like DOF and such.
What really makes a image is light and composition along with subject matter . So this really is a major learning tool to create better images and very important to learn than go out and break the rules also and create something unique.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wonder what they're discussing? And their assistant with the party pizza all ready!

:D,

robsteve

Subscriber
I liked the lady with the pizza too. I don't think she was part of the group. BTW, that was AWB on the M8. Didn't do a bad job.

PSon

Finally got back to my desktop computer where I can process some of the images I took. What a difference an additional 8GB of RAM makes... the 2GB I have in my laptop is no match for the files from these MF backs. I shot the sunrise with Terry, Bob, and Lance and the light really was special... This one may be a bit warm but it's the the way I remember it.
Congratulation David!
The colors and mood of this image caught my eyes.

-Son

robsteve

Subscriber
I shot this the day after the workshop ended. This is the proprietor of the little bar/coffee shop a block or two from the hotel, on the same street as the State Department building. I used the 24mm.