Site Sponsors

Capture Integration Digital Transitions Camera West empty Guy Mancuso Photography

Thread: The King is dead! Long live the King!

Post Thanks / Like

The King is dead! Long live the King!

Of course I am not the first to notice the exciting things happening with mirrorless cameras. I believe the penatprism DSLR will remain a mainstay for many serious photographers. But for the many more photographers in the casual category who have been using the many fine APS-C or FF cameras, the new category of large sensor mirrorless cameras will quickly dominate. Since this is a very large group, this will have major consequences. Nikon and Canon must have cameras under development.

Even for me, I am excited about the NEX system. I would love to see some great AF lenses developed, and the camera needs tweaking for easier access to controls. But the handwriting is on the wall, and I am convinced we will see major progress in cameras and glass. I welcome this change; for me the big bodies and lenses are already in my past. I am using Leica M also, but I will not be surprised if the mirrorless cameras will usurp there, too. If the lenses are good enough and with AF, it will be a happy day.

The revolution is here...

Myrtle Beach, SC
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The King is dead! Long live the King!

Totally agree. AND Leica will have to keep up with the next M soon unless they expect to use the X2 for that purpose. At least, live view and a focus confirmation cue is long overdue for the M.