The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The King is dead! Long live the King!

tom in mpls

Of course I am not the first to notice the exciting things happening with mirrorless cameras. I believe the penatprism DSLR will remain a mainstay for many serious photographers. But for the many more photographers in the casual category who have been using the many fine APS-C or FF cameras, the new category of large sensor mirrorless cameras will quickly dominate. Since this is a very large group, this will have major consequences. Nikon and Canon must have cameras under development.

Even for me, I am excited about the NEX system. I would love to see some great AF lenses developed, and the camera needs tweaking for easier access to controls. But the handwriting is on the wall, and I am convinced we will see major progress in cameras and glass. I welcome this change; for me the big bodies and lenses are already in my past. I am using Leica M also, but I will not be surprised if the mirrorless cameras will usurp there, too. If the lenses are good enough and with AF, it will be a happy day.

The revolution is here...

esy0345

Totally agree. AND Leica will have to keep up with the next M soon unless they expect to use the X2 for that purpose. At least, live view and a focus confirmation cue is long overdue for the M.