The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Name that San Fran street photographer from the 50s...

• Thread starter Jonathan Michael Johnson
  • Start date
J

Jonathan Michael Johnson

On different occasions I've found, then lost a link to some of the most beautiful color 35mm images taken in the 50s/60s on the streets of San Francisco. I believe they were all from the same photographer (and I believe he used a Leica). At the time, the collection was on an art gallery's site. They were selling the images as limited edition prints.

Most images are of cable cars, neon signs, cars and people. I remember beautiful, atmospheric grays and crisp yellows and oranges.

Does anyone know who this may be? I know I could find the images again if I could remember the photographers name - for the life of me, I can't.

Any help would be awesome - thank you

J

Jonathan Michael Johnson

He's got some nice work - but I don't think that's the same guy I'm looking for. I can't seem to find any color SF images. I'm pretty sure the images I'm thinking of were in color.

I thought it was SF, but it might have been Vegas or Reno. Hmm.