The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NY meet July 17th

neils

Hi all

So is this thing on for the 17th? Sure thing? I'm less than an hour away in CT and I'd like to be there if I can but I will need to take a day off.

Time and place?

Neil

Stuart Richardson

If I am still around in mid-July, I might be able to make it. Coney Island is fun. I suppose I find it more interesting shooting than Manhattan because I am often in Manhattan and Coney Island is more of a trek.

I know this is probably not the appropriate place, but here are a few that I took in Coney Island last summer with the 203FE, 110/2 and 50/2.8. It really is a strange, strange place, so here are some strange photos to match.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I'm reserving the day and giving notice to clients that I'll be out of the office. I really look forward to it!

If it's at all possible, picking a semi-central place to meet up would be great. I'll be taking the train in from CT to Grand Central, and it's been many years since I felt like I knew what I was doing in NYC.

Thanks!
Tim

Terry

Coney Island totally works for me. Stay tuned and I will organize the details. I think I will organize a backup plan in Manhattan in case of nasty weather (Guy, nasty = rain, not AZ heat).
What might work is a meeting place in Manhattan for those who want to go as a group and a meeting place at Coney Island for those coming from a different direction.

Terry

If it's at all possible, picking a semi-central place to meet up would be great. I'll be taking the train in from CT to Grand Central, and it's been many years since I felt like I knew what I was doing in NYC.

Thanks!
Tim
Great minds think alike...we were posting at the same time! Got you covered on this one.

helenhill

I'm reserving the day and giving notice to clients that I'll be out of the office. I really look forward to it!

Thanks!
Tim
Well Tim
IF ya like
I will MEET you at the Station
and make your NYC day abit easier :)
Best- H

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well everything is all set on my end so our organizer Terry will make a meeting spot. I'm looking forward to this and enjoying the day with fellow Getdpi members. My idea was maybe to help folks with there shooting as we cruise the city. If there is anything I can bring to the table for folks let me know.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
LOL me first Charlie. The words just sound sexy don't they. LOL

maybe my street camera when I come. LOL

Terry

July 17 Preliminary plan: open for discussion and changes

Morning shoot
9:00AM Meet in Central Park at the entrance to Tavern on the Green.
Lots of nice spots that are all around that area

Lunch
12:00 Meatpacking district - Pastis is one restaurant option
(there is some fun street shooting right in this area)

Afternoon Shoot
Stroll through the Village and head down towards Soho or over towards Chinatown

This type of schedule will allow people who can only do half a day either shoot in the morning and have lunch or have lunch and shoot in the afternoon or simply play for the whole day. It also gives us two meeting places that would be set.

Let me know what you think....