The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NY meet July 17th

Terry

Hi again....looks like Guy made this a sticky. Just want to make sure that people see the post above this with a prelim schedule. Would love some feedback!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
All of it sounds great to me! I can be flexible and will join up with the group at whatever point during the day when it is most convenient for everyone else. I'm such a homebody these days I could find stuff to shoot almost anywhere. Heck, I could just get off the train and spend the day in Grand Central Station!

Thanks for organizing it Terry!

Tim

Hi again....looks like Guy made this a sticky. Just want to make sure that people see the post above this with a prelim schedule. Would love some feedback!

Joan

It all sounds perfect to me ... just wish I could be there!! Ya'll take some beauties for me, I'm going to be watching for the thread with LOTS of picture posts. (Anybody who ships me a doggie bag from Pastis gets my undying love and devotion, too. LOL)

helenhill

Well I will pick Tim up at Grand Central Station
Must decide the time

Then Call Terry
to find out where in Central Park the Gang is Hiding

OR

Pick up Tim
Head to the Restaurant & Shoot After Lunch

Decisions.... decisions:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Best-H

Terry

All of it sounds great to me! I can be flexible and will join up with the group at whatever point during the day when it is most convenient for everyone else. I'm such a homebody these days I could find stuff to shoot almost anywhere. Heck, I could just get off the train and spend the day in Grand Central Station!

Thanks for organizing it Terry!

Tim
Tim there is no convenient for everyone else. You can meet up with us at whatever time works for you! Are you heading down from Maine all in one day? Staying over? Once you know we can help with any other details on what will work.

popum

Tim

I'll be taking the train from Westport, Ct. Where do you plan to board? Perhaps we can hook-up on the train.

If the same train doesn't stop at both stations we can meet in Grand Central.

Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting everyone else.

Mike

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Hey Mike. I'll be coming to CT a day or two before the 17th and staying somewhere in Southern CT. I'll be on a "business trip" and use one of the days to visit HA and another to maybe fish the Farmington. Chances are I would be training in from Westport as well so meeting up sounds perfect.

Still undetermined for me is the timing, whether it's to be 9:00 AM or noon. But I can be easily convinced of the wisdom of either. So I'll leave that up to you.

Helen: If this works out with Mike, you may be relieved of the pressure to act as baby sitter. On the other hand, it would be a great pleasure to be greeted by your shining face as we exit the train, so it's your call.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Love to see you guy's in the morning myself . i do have to cut out around 4 ish myself for a business dinner, but like to get as much playtime with everyone

helenhill

Hey Mike. I'll be coming to CT a day or two before the 17th and staying somewhere in Southern CT. I'll be on a "business trip" and use one of the days to visit HA and another to maybe fish the Farmington. Chances are I would be training in from Westport as well so meeting up sounds perfect.

Still undetermined for me is the timing, whether it's to be 9:00 AM or noon. But I can be easily convinced of the wisdom of either. So I'll leave that up to you.

Helen: If this works out with Mike, you may be relieved of the pressure to act as baby sitter. On the other hand, it would be a great pleasure to be greeted by your shining face as we exit the train, so it's your call.
Alright......I will leave you with 'Meeting' Mike on the Train :)
and we can all hook up later
Look Forward to it.......
Best- H

Terry

It would be helpful to me in planning and/or making a lunch reservation to get a count of attendees. So, please post or send me a PM as you decide to attend.

Stuart Richardson

I would still like to attend, but it is still more than a month away! My schedule is usually measured in hours before the meeting....I will definitely give you a few days head's up, but I don't think I can commit to anything right now...

helenhill

TERRY
COUNT ME IN FOR LUNCH.......:clap:
and will probably meet you in CP again:rolleyes: except this time I will succeed in getting on the carousel
Cheers! H

popum

Tim

I'm game to go in any time that works for you. If you want to be at Central park at 9:00 we would have to take a train at about 7:00.

My normal train when going into New York is the 9:40. This one always has seats available and gets us to Grand Central at about 10:45. We could then comfortably get downtown for a noon lunch.

The compromise is to take something in between, phone the group to see where they are and join them there.

Let me know what your preference is... I'm okay with whatever you want to do.

Cheers

Mike

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Mike: Let's do the 9:40. I imagine the earlier trains will be packed, and now that I'm de-civilized, it might be too much of shock to my system to be tucked in with all those commuters. I'll contact you in advance to finalize the details.

So (as long as Mike agrees) the rest of the group can look for us at the noontime destination.

Thanks again to everyone, and I am psyched to finally meet all of you.

Tim

Terry

I would still like to attend, but it is still more than a month away! My schedule is usually measured in hours before the meeting....I will definitely give you a few days head's up, but I don't think I can commit to anything right now...
No problem Stuart, it was more a plea to get a general idea and to not get surprised by a larger than expected turnout and have trouble finding the right spot to accommodate the group.

Terry

Just a bump to make sure all in the NY area or further afield that want to
join in on the 17th see this thread!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Terry,
Please count me in and Cynthia too, I am pretty sure that we can make it.
Daughter and grand baby will be flying in the afternoon before, but heck, they are only visiting from Moscow (but will stay for two weeks).
It looks like the Accela gets us in to Penn station at 10:45am if we come down on the 17th, so maybe we can get there the night before. We will work it out.
-bob