The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NY meet July 17th

Terry

Terry,
Please count me in and Cynthia too, I am pretty sure that we can make it.
Daughter and grand baby will be flying in the afternoon before, but heck, they are only visiting from Moscow (but will stay for two weeks).
It looks like the Accela gets us in to Penn station at 10:45am if we come down on the 17th, so maybe we can get there the night before. We will work it out.
-bob
Awesome Bob!!!! I'm looking toward to it!

helenhill

well I'm Bummed
Just got an email from Mr. Noriaki /matsuyastore
received camera today....epson will get it tomorrow
will not have back until 2-3 weeks
so I guess I will now try Pressure:angry:

Best-H

helenhill

Aye Helen. That is a bummer. Does that leave you camera-less?
Well I still have my beloved GRD2
BUT now that I have fallen under the spell of focusing (again in Life)
there can be no comparison between the two
there is a Real Magic.......almost Meditative & Zen to focusing
which is great for a person like me who tends to be all over the place
so really it helps to FOCUS ME as well as the pix :ROTFL:

Best-H

Terry

Well I still have my beloved GRD2
BUT now that I have fallen under the spell of focusing (again in Life)
there can be no comparison between the two
there is a Real Magic.......almost Meditative & Zen to focusing
which is great for a person like me who tends to be all over the place
so really it helps to FOCUS ME as well as the pix :ROTFL:

Best-H
Helen darling,
I am the queen of excess including M8's. There will be an M8 assigned to you for the day.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Excellent! The GRD2 and an M8 (on loan it appears). You are well covered then. I think we should all agree to leave the fisheye lenses at home that day. ;)

helenhill

Excellent! The GRD2 and an M8 (on loan it appears). You are well covered then. I think we should all agree to leave the fisheye lenses at home that day. ;)
Well I'll have to think about this (Leaving the fisheye at home)hmmm
Don't think the M8's will be getting off lightly......
Your TRUE Character will be exposed by my Fisheye:ROTFL::ROTFL:

LOVE YOU TERRYxoxo

Now in all seriousness I am trying the Firm But Friendly approach with Mr. Noriaki....I WILL the epson to return to Mummy before the 17th:D

Best- H

Stuart Richardson

That reminds me...if I am able to make it and anyone is interested in trying out any of my equipment, I would be happy to bring things along. I have a pretty full set of Leica M and R, as well as some Rollei 6000 stuff...and the Nikon stuff, although I only have 3 lenses for the Nikon.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
That's a generous offer Stuart. This may sound crazy, but I'd love to try a 50mm on my M8. Even just for a few shots to get a feel for it.

Even if you come without a bunch of gear, I hope you can make it.

Tim

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
If we go the the carousel, The D3 ought to come along. Either that or it will be a great M8 focus and timing test.
-bob

helenhill

HAPPY DAYS !!!!

Mr. Noriaki has just emailed......
They are giving me a NEW rd1s / other one defective
It is now on its from JAPAN w/tracking #...woohoooo
so i must be off now to tell him how much I LOVE HIM !!!!!

Do you think I'm NUTS for considering a 21mm Super Angulon F4
love the way it draws / in color can be wild & psychedelic & B&W soft and Beautiful
I realize the vignetting problem (which if used properly can have that early 19th century old photo charm & theres always cropping)
but there is something about it. looked at some flickr shots with it so trippy & NOT the norm. Can purchase for $1099.00 or should I be sensible & buy a 50mm Lux or Sonnar and purchase a 21CV instead
THOUGHTS PLEASE....... :D

Last edited:

Terry

I have a very good copy of the CV21. It has been tested by Sean and does not have soft corners which has been an issue with with some copies of this lens. I was going to write that to you the other day. You need to play with 21 before you buy as you will either be guessing the framing or need an external finder. I believe there is a finder that was made with this for the RD1 since the field of view is really about 32mm.

oops Helen,
I didn't say congrats!

Last edited:

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
hooooooorrrraayyyyyy Helen
And thanks to Mr. Noriaki for getting it to Gotham promptly!

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Terry - count me in. I do have a big week-long event starting on the 20th so I will be working constantly the week prior in preparation but I plan on taking time on the 17th to join everyone unless there is some crisis that day.

Last edited: