The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NY meet July 17th

Terry

Great news Charles. I was getting ready to PM you and double check. Think of us as your stress reduction break.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Helen I just knew they would replace it . Great news . Charlie look forward to seeing you , glad you can make it. May have something fun to play with.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Helen, that is fabulous news.
It seems a bit pathetic, that so many of the good reports of excellent customer service come from companies other than Leica. I think that my name must be on their "other" list.
-bob

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
RE Equipment to try:
I have the M8 with an eclectic set of lenses - Zeiss 25/2.8, Leica 35/2 ver. IV, Leica 50/1.5 Summarit, Leica 85/1.5 Summarex. None coded and only have an IR cut filter for the Zeiss 25.

Also a DMR with 19/2.8, 28/2.8, 35/2, 60/2.8, 80/1.4, 100/2.8, 180/2.8, 2xAPO, and 35-70/4.

Anyone is welcome to try any of this if you desire.

I will most likely bring both cameras and a couple of lenses for each (depending on our final itinerary) but if anyone wants to try anything just let me know and I will surely bring it along.

helenhill

Thanx Charles,Terry, Bob & Guy for your kind thoughts

Can't wait to stir up trouble with y'all & my rd1.....:p

Best-h

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Watch out for Helen,
If the RD-1 is anything like the GRDII she brought last time, she will win at all of the quick-draw shots.
-bob

neils

So at this point is Guys first post still correct? Morning at the Park, lunch downtown etc? Hard to keep up with all the suggestions. I'll be coming in from CT on the train out of Norwalk/Darien area.

Neil

Terry

So at this point is Guys first post still correct? Morning at the Park, lunch downtown etc? Hard to keep up with all the suggestions. I'll be coming in from CT on the train out of Norwalk/Darien area.

Neil
Yes,
The plan on the first post has not changed. I'm glad you posted I had you on my list of possibles and was going to send you a PM in the next couple of days. Lunch is in the meatpacking district at Pastis and I have you in the count for our reservation. If you aren't familiar with the spot we will be meeting in the park, someone can meet you at Grand Central. In addition there are a couple of others coming in from CT but on a later train to meet either just before or at lunch and you could coordinate with them.

I hope we see/meet you there.

Terry

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Bolting an anamorphic lens onto your mf back with just some angle iron and a handle in between?
Actually an anamorphic lens is just the thing for NY.
-bob

Stuart Richardson

My guess would be Alpa TC, 24mm APO digitar and whatever digital back you are currently using. We'll see how close I am...I have no foreknowledge though! No need to reveal now if I am right....

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well not sure what I will wind up with here . Backorders do NOT make me very happy at all. I have this itch and it needs to be scratched , this could get really dangerous.

neils

OK so when time and place is set for a meet up at Grand Central post it here please. I can get around NYC fine but the park? I Haven't been there in decades. I can take any train I want.

Neil

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Neil: Mike and I will be taking the 9:45 from the Westport station. You're welcome to join us there or we can meet up at Grand Central.

Terry

OK so when time and place is set for a meet up at Grand Central post it here please. I can get around NYC fine but the park? I Haven't been there in decades. I can take any train I want.

Neil
Well if you decide to meet us in the park (9AM) the meeting location is VERY simple. We are meeting in front of Tavern on the Green. It is 100 yards into the park from the corner of 67th and Central Park West.

Also, I will PM people with my cell phone number close to the date. In case someone is running late.