The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NY meet July 17th

Stuart Richardson

Ok, so does anyone have any last minute requests for things I should bring? I am supposed to bring a 50mm summilux ASPH, but other than that? I just sent in my Rollei for a check up, so I can't bring that, but if anyone is using that or a hy6, I could bring a lens or two from that. Other than that, I have a decent amount of Leica M and R stuff, the D3, F6 and 3 lenses, a Hexar AF...hmmm, a few other various things. If anyone has anything in particular that they want to check out, please let me know.

helenhill

Of course I was Late....
for a VERY Important Date
Meeting all the Macho Gearheads at 'GETDPI'
Little me with my rd1s and my TINY elmar 50/f3.4 which received
a hearty round of laughter next to the D3 w/70-200
So here are a few pixs w/ 85 Summarex & 75 CV Heliar

THANK YOU CMB/Charles for bringing your 85 Summarex (Which I ADORE....sigh but over the top GRANDE in size)
THANK YOU Bob for giving me the opportunity in buying the 75 Heliar on the Spot
It was a Pleasure & Treat to meet you ALL xoxoxox......Helen

jlm

Workshop Member
he, he, i think i snapped that second one with helen's camera, once i remembered to wind it. sorry, guy

Stuart Richardson

Hahahaha, my arm looks like it is detached from my body in that shot! Good old 12mm.

Nice shots everyone. I would post some, but I shot film (sacrilege!). It will take me a bit to get them ready. Furthermore, my office has no AC, so until it cools down a bit, I will not be able to access my scanner!

In any case, it was great to meet everyone. I had a very nice time -- everyone is so nice!

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Oh my....

Guy, which lens did you put on the TC? Was Jeff H able to locate the Mamiya adapter...I have wanted to ask all week but was unwilling to spoil the suprise that you did not reveal prior to the NY meeting.

Great pictures everyone...it is 101 here in Dallas with 80+ % humidity and I do wish I were there. And not just to get a closer look at the TC.

Please post more...some of us are living vicariously at the moment.

Regards,

Bob

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Shooting took a back seat to just enjoying the great company. Also, the heat seemed to make me lazy so I didn't shoot all that much. Here's a couple from the Apple store. It was wonderful to see all of you, let's do it again (when it's cooler!).

Best,
Tim

helenhill

More shots on the rd1s....not sure who took what:ROTFL::
and THANX Guy for my Jupiter lens !!!

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Morning all , what a nice day it was to see everyone and just relax and get to know everyone. It was pretty hot for shooting but we had fun. Like to thanks Terry for her efforts of getting it all together with arrangements and such. I have some images i will post in a little while. I am setting up my main desktop and getting everything up to date. I sent my MacPro to NY a couple weeks ago so transferring all data and such. Geeky crap . LOL Catch up in a few hours

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks Terry for setting everything up so well. It was nice to see old friends from the workshops and meet some new people.

Here is one portrait I was able to grab.

robsteve

Subscriber
Yes, and here is Helen (in Lightroom red :banghead:) with Charlie's howitzer :D.....

View attachment 6272

Helen:

Focus the lens with your hand the other way, thumb to the left and elbow against your side. It will make steadier shots. Sort of how one holds a rifle, the hand focusing the lens like the hand on the stock, which would have the elbow of that arm braced against one's side.

Robert