The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Local Get-Together Shoot, September 25th!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Was great seeing everybody, and I was totally surprised by Guy showing up! Here are a few quickly processed C1 jpeg shots from my laptop:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well it was a great day for me and had a lot of fun . Highlight of my day was finally meeting Jack's wife Susan after all these years. Great lady

Also special thanks to Terry for finding me a inexpensive flight to SF and driving me around all day.

Well we did not shoot much and had more fun chatting but I did get a couple shots off.

Only shot 2 lenses 55mm LS and Jacks 110mm LS

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I like that high-key look Jack!

I forget, what was the more textured of the two papers you used in your little portfolio?

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
What a great experience. Thanks so much for suggesting this Jack. It was good seeing you old friends, and making new ones. A most excellent surprise seeing you there too Guy! It's been far too long.

For everyone else reading this, I just got my M9 and a new lens for me, the 21 'Lux. Decided to put them both through their paces for the first time out. Please bear in mind these are frame numbers in the 200's on my M9, so everything isn't perfectly dialed in yet for me, but not to post them would be robbing the rest of you seeing what I was doing and they aren't horrible so here you go:

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Here's a 100% crop out of the fire hose image above. What's not to like about the M9 and the 21 f/1.4 'Lux ASPH save perhaps for the cost? I'm very pleased with what I've seen so far. Leica did a great job with these two.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Chuck, was good seeing you again -- and I really like your perspective on the old fire hose!