The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

anybody going to Photokina?

V

Vivek

Due to a fault of mine, I could not meet up with Kevin and Cam. :eek:

I did not go to any of the stands. I passed through the Pana area. Everything m4/3rds was locked up in a glass display. I did make a neat snap of the 3D extravaganza that was going on. Pana = Video.

Nikon had plastered "I am this" and "I am that" everywhere in yellow and black.
I was not sure if it was photokina or nikokina when I entered the massive Koeln messe.:confused:

I no longer use Nikon cameras. So.....

Olympus stand did look a lot more friendly.:thumbup:

I did not look for Leica or get to fondle the M9Ti. :(

I did spend my time usefully meeting with some interesting folks and discussing UV and IR photography.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
ok Vivek

btw., despite using their products I agree that the present Nikon campaign is enough to make one sick
:rolleyes: they really seem to underestimate the IQ ... of their customers

V

Vivek

Yeah, Steen.

I have many respected photographers (also Nikon users) as friends. Yesterday, I saw quite a few folks walking out with a big shopping bag plastered with "I AM NIKON".

It was a discomforting sight.

To me, when a movement starts like this, it is time to shy away from any such slogans or logos, regardless of the quality of the products.

cam

ooh, Vivek! as a penance for jilting me, i might pick your brain about IR photography... that is, if i can find the filters somewhere...

as for meeting, we'll just have to find some other gin joint ;)