The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Forum was down for several hours, sorry!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Turned out that yesterday evening our server farm's main connection cable went down somewhere outside the farm. It took them until this morning to find and repair the break. Guy and I are sorry for the inconvenience.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm a little bald now from pulling my hair out.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Question is where were you when the lights went out and how MANY times did you check the forum. Maybe we should not answer that it may just be downright embarrassing to realize how much of a junkie we are to get our fix of GetDPI.

I'm not going to say how many times i checked but i did take the opportunity to go out and check out the Sony A55 with Zeiss lens.

But again as Jack said we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

V

Vivek

One suggestion-

It could be useful to have a blog page that can be connected to the forum
and in the event something like this happens, folks would have an explanation.

LJL

Actually, I noticed it last night when the RSS feed to my Mail app on my computer showed a failed retrieval for several hours...at least until I shut things down and turned in. Folks that were in the middle of discussions or checking their sell/buy threads must have been a bit annoyed/confused, but such is life in the technology lane at times ;-)

LJ

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
One suggestion-

It could be useful to have a blog page that can be connected to the forum
and in the event something like this happens, folks would have an explanation.
Good idea but... Problem is the line outside was bad -- can't get anything "up" until that gets fixed.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
(...) Question is where were you when the lights went out and how MANY times did you check the forum. Maybe we should not answer that it may just be downright embarrassing to realize how much of a junkie we are to get our fix of GetDPI. (...)
... we were bewildered, lonely and afraid :lecture:

stephengilbert

There's no way I'm going to pay the normal monthly charge for October. I think you should offer a discount to reflect the down time.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I was experiencing a little different emotion than bewildered...

D&A

Do you guys realize how many once in a lifetime. deals I missed in the "FS" forum due to your so called outage??? Oh yea, so did everyone else :)

Dave (D&A)