The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why Annie Leibovitz Photos Aren't Worth More

Dale Allyn

Stephen, that is an excellent article. It's not really so much about Annie Leibovitz, or at least not as it's only focus, but it also does a good job of describing the conditions and business practices in the "art world" as they pertain to photography.

Thanks for posting the link.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Annie should set up a GetDPI Gallery account -- I bet she'd sell boatloads here!

:),

shaunmlavery

I have wondered what the latest was on Annie. I actually saw her when I was living in Nashville. whoa! She was in town doing a shoot for Jack White. Now, to see here with my own eyes. Pretty neat.

Hope the best for her.

fotografz

The art photography world is indeed odd.

I have a big Annie L print around here somewhere ... a photo she took for an ad campaign of mine years ago. It's probably a "one of" by now. I had hoped it would gain in value so I
could sell it and pay for a H4D/60 :thumbup: ... looks like that bubble has burst :confused:

Once I had a Michael Kenna print ... I redirected the focus of my photo collection from being general to focused on shots of famous artists by famous photographers ... so I sold the Kenna
print to buy HCBs shot of Mattise in his studio. I could not believe how much the Kenna print had appreciated in just a few short years. Well managed portfolio it seems.

I now buy prints I like no matter who shot them. Usually from local photographers that are documenting the local scene like the FSA shooters. Unsung hero's IMO.

-Marc