The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Seth Thomas Ship's Clock

Irenaeus

The sun has set on my Seth Thomas chiming ship's clock and I'm seeking a new dawning. I've tried a local shop, and it seems to work alright when on their wall with the face and bezel removed, but it stops dead pretty quickly after bringing it home.

Does anyone know of a really good place to send it? I suppose what I'd prefer would be someone who used to work at the factory and who actually made them. It's been inoperative for years and I really miss it.

Thanks,

Irenaeus

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Where are you located?
There is a good place in New York (Manhattan) -- Sutton Clock Shop on E 61 St. They have a web site. I had them fix an antique ship's clock some years ago, and I think they even needed to fabricate a part. Works fine now. Look em up.

Irenaeus

Thanks for the swift response! I'm in Montana, but Pony Express (or something) can manage Manhattan easily. I'll check out their website right away.

Cheers,

Irenaeus