The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Making of 2011 Pirelli Calendar (NSFW)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just thinking the same thing -- I guess I need to get a pair of studded gloves and cut the trigger finger finger out of them before the next model shoot :D

Diane B

Your hair is neither long enough nor grey enough! And--do you have someone standing next to you to hand the camera to immediately?

Don Libby

I'll stick to shooting landscape that way when I use gloves it's because it's cold outside and sunglasses because I'm outside in the sun......

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Your hair is neither long enough nor grey enough! And--do you have someone standing next to you to hand the camera to immediately?
Well, I could grow my hair longer, but it would be tough to be grayer than I already am LOLOL! I am sure I could find a few willing pro-bono assistants to stay at my side for camera carries given those subjects.

simonclivehughes

He's an odd duck to be sure, but that's to us. Among that crowd, he fits in just perfectly, and he's sure got his own special look!

Regardless, I've seen some very imaginative and beautiful work from Lagerfeld.

Cheers,

kinok1

This is just ridiculous...could these photos be any more boring...pirelli used to do some interesting stuff. Sad.

Diane B

He's an odd duck to be sure, but that's to us. Among that crowd, he fits in just perfectly, and he's sure got his own special look!

Cheers,
I come from the art/high end craft world so I should be one of the first to not denigrate anyone for their own 'odd duck' look and actions but it doesn't seem to fit many on these forums LOL.

T

tetsrfun

He's an odd duck to be sure...
"Affected" is the word that comes to mind....

Steve

jonoslack

Well, thanks for the link. I enjoyed that (I didn't think the film was that great, but I did enjoy the content).

As for Mr. Lagerfeld, I don't see the problem - he seemed to me to be rather pleasant and engaged, and if he was getting more deference than anyone's ever given me . . . perhaps he deserves it!
. . . .

if you're head designer and creative director for Chanel, you're hardly going to wear a pair of levis and a t-shirt. (I notice that his studded gloves matched his hassleblad :ROTFL:)

I can imagine that in some kind of decent resolution those pictures will look wonderful.

"affected", "ridiculous", "boring", or even "odd duck" - I didn't think so.

I think I have to admit to being a fan.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I want a Hasselblad that matches my gloves as well!

Mr. Lagerfeld understands his business very well. Equal doses of skill and personal style seems to work very well for him, and have brought him to a position that few, if any, can even dream of. A living legend he is, and there are not many of those.

And the photos? I think they look rather good, surprisingly, since it isn't really my style.

robertwright

think of how "affected" those pictures could be considering the theme, the client and past calendars and these pictures are positively sedate.

or that annie liebovitz laVazza calendar with the winged monkeys in the roman coliseum?

Having worked along side a few fashion photographers of his calibre my opinion is that his set is calm, focused and professional, he is charming, not what I expected, and the work is simple, strong and focused on beauty and simplicity.

complete changes my opinion of the man actually, who I thought was a total flake.

jonoslack

Having worked along side a few fashion photographers of his calibre my opinion is that his set is calm, focused and professional, he is charming, not what I expected, and the work is simple, strong and focused on beauty and simplicity.

complete changes my opinion of the man actually, who I thought was a total flake.
Well, I've never worked alongside any fashion photographers (talked to a few). I quite agree with you judgement though. Hopefully I'll see the calendar one day!