The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

If you decide to become minimalist photographer...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
GH1 with Panasonic 7-14 f/4, OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 and Zeiss CY 85mm f/1.4.
I decided to give it a try, so the last six weeks, this has been my travel setup. Works fine. I might ad the Voigtländer 25mm, and possibly change the 85/1.4 for the 85/2.8 or OM Zuiko 90mm f/2.0 micro (the 85/1.4 is very heavy and I rarely use it wide open). For the travel photography that I do, I have hardly felt restricted by this choice at all.

ReeRay

Travel kit:- GF1, Schneider 25mm 0.95, Contax G 45mm f2 and Kern-Switar 75mm f1.9
All fits very nicely in a Contax G bag and weighs nothing.
Local shoots:- 5DMKII Zeiss N 24-85mm, Canon 70-200 f4 L IS.

G

GradyPhilpott

I currently have three lenses, the Nikkor 18-200mmVRII, the 18-55mmVR, and the 35mm/1.8. I also have a Nikon D3000.

In one week, I will pick up my D7000 and I believe that if the bottom fell out of everything, the D7000 and those lenses would do me well. In fact, the D3000 would do me well, but I expect the D7000 to do me better.

I've only read reviews of the D7000, but based on the good and the bad news a la the "experts," I expect to be thrilled to death.

I also expect that I will add one longer and one wider zoom, although I don't know what they will be, as yet.

So, in keeping with the intent of the thread, the set up listed is one I could live with quite easily.

Last edited: