The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

When to work for free?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Some of us are asked from time to time to provide photographic services for free. This is a potential source of tension between the photographer and the potential (client?). I recently found the link[1] below to a wonderful flowchart which is incredibly useful for resolving this dilemma.
It has already been useful for me and I am sharing it to assist those in similar circumstances.
-bob

[1] http://editorial.designtaxi.com/news-freework1301/2.jpg

jonoslack

HI Bob
Thanks for that . . . . . I've found another very valuable method is to charge them a proper rate . . . . and to get them to pay it to a charity.

T.Karma

Working for free, (no matter what), is often a lot more fun and satisfactory than working for money. But, people dont value what is free. So my rule is, work for for free, but only when nobody is expecting it.

A

Adam Marelli

Hey Bob,

"Being knee deep in organs," very funny. I passed this along to a few people who find themselves in the situation.

Thanks! Adam

Adam Marelli Photo