The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Camera filters with digital

Hi Guys,

As a digital and photoshop noob, I found myself rearranging my kit bag, and came across a stack of filters I'd bought for use with film. I sat for a while pondering which ones needed to be included in a digital bag. In the end I came to the conclusion that probably only a polariser and ND filters need to be included.

CC filters could be used when shooting interiors, but of course we don't do multiple exposures any more, and individual images can be corrected and combined later. Or is it still easier to correct and shoot at the time?

Otherwise, what filters do you guys still use on the front of the camera? I may have missed something.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
If it is a M8, then a IR cut, otherwise nothing other than a 3 and a 6 stop ND, unless I am looking for something really strange.
-bob