The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No Words

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just so folks know, you need a few words to post a reply with an attachment...

PeterA

Beautiful images there Bradley - nice Agapantha shot Jack...

On Photo.Net the feisty old Leica Forum used to be populated by a lot of very excellent photographer - with a bias towards Street. Many great threads were started called W/NW standing for you can say something or not 0 but it was about sharing photos on a theme or idea..

I always enjoyed participating in the W/NW threads particularly street genre. Some friendship made in PN have lasted the test of time and I have met up with fellow street shooters around the world.

The importance of w/nw threads is that it is cross paltfrom as far as gear goes..however it is a nice idea to have a theme or trigger idea posetd by the thread starter in order to provide some organisation around what is posted. People can start any thread tehy like any time..

The only problem with such threads is that I guess they can take up up lot of bandwidth and storage - I dont know how well this form is set up to handle such issues.
Another idea that works is teh notion of Picture of the Week wher everyone's is encouraged to post a shot from the previous week..again cross platform thread.It would be interesting to see what people from all the sub forums have been up to and a way of promoting cross equipment dialogue.

I have pretty low interest in Leica or Nikon forum because even though I use both platforms - there isnt anything new to talk about really. With Photographs ther eis always something new to look at or comment on! :)

It is always interesting to see the difference between people who talk a good story re making shots and those who can! :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: Also it will be informative to see hwo different formats handle similar themes..over time. then people will get the idea of what horses for courses means in practical sense.

Pete

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay, need a few words, sorry: need to title dlew's image "AM" and move mine after it and title it "PM"

:D,