The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why do you shoot.

D

dlew308

Want to trade jobs :)
My week of on call is finally over. I haven't had a full night's rest since last Th.....

The life of a UNIX systems administrator :)

There really is no wrong answer here , for me even after 35 years as a Pro i still dream it , live for it and enjoy it. But I am tired of the business of it. Frankly some days i would rather just be a hobbyist and have a real job.

neils

I gotta go with what Guy said. Some times job vs hobby is something to consider.

Job burnout in @1980 turned me to photography, my then hobby, into full time "work" My very own lack of drive to get the work I wanted/needed/should have been doing etc etc meant a real up and down feast and famine life (luckily single) for 22 years. I loved it though I just HATED promoting myself. And then I was burned out again and with too many eggs in too few baskets the stock market reports killed some of my best Corporate clients. Warren Buffet bought one of them too so my slice of his empire didn't use me anymore. Wow too much info there I apoligise.

Anyhow I miss it. Miss it alot. I do still work on some things. A book out this Sept. has 160ish food photos I did, very loosely called food I must add to illustrate a parody of a food network star. Other odd jobs turn up but they come to me, I'm not out hunting. Still got that old promo problem I guess:)

I now have a real job though, better insurance than ever and I deal with it. The real job that is. It is easier now to say no to a job that will just not be worth the time or hassle.

But I really envy those out there still doing it.

I don't think I'd ever agree that digital is less expensive than film for a hobbyist, for a Pro you gotta shoot digital. This is all another thread though,

Neil

helenhill

It keeps ME in Focus.......:)
People,Landscapes Architecture, its ALL quite Wonderful
I become One in the Art of Seeing,Focusing, & Composition
It Quiets my Mind and I embrace the Moment
BLISS

Best-H