The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shameless Plug for Mr. Ken Hansen

L

Lux

I recently had such a positive experience with Mr. Hansen, that I thought it was only fair to him that I share this. Please understand he never asked me to or even implied I should and I have no affiliation with the gentleman other than being a very satisfied customer.

I had recently purchased a rather difficult to find M lens from Ken; the transaction couldn't have been any smoother. Lens arrived within two days, having been very carefully packaged. Unfortunately for both of us, the focusing was off rather significantly. I thought it was me, but after 3 weeks, and testing against other lenses, I concluded it was the lens, so I called Ken about it requesting he suggest a course of action (note I did not request a return).

Ken immediately took ownership of the problem and requested I send it back to him right away for a refund or exchange, my choice. Absolutely zero haggling. Ken was so apologetic expressing regret over having sold me a "lemon" that I had to remind him that he was not responsible for Leica's quality control and I wasn't pinning this on him. We talked about replacements, and I also inquired about an even more difficult to obtain lens as a substitute. He said he would look into it, but could make no promises. In the meantime, I shipped the lens back to him.

Ken came through, big time, and within one business day, mind you. I have no idea how many calls he made but he finally found the lens for me, and no doubt had to call in a favor to get it. It will be delivered to me today, just two days after he found it. He didn't wait for the returned lens from me to arrive and even didn't wait for the extra $$ I owed him for the replacement (a more expensive model). "Just send a check, when it gets here, it gets here." He acted like, he would do everything he could to make me a satisfied customer, and as quickly as possible. And this was only my second major purchase from him.

Folks, this kind of old school customer service just doesn't exist any more. In this age of impersonal internet sales, scams, restock fees and so on, dealing with Ken is an absolute delight. It will be a sad day for the industry when Mr. Ken Hansen goes into full retirement. In the meantime, I suggest you strongly consider Ken as a source for your next Leica purchase.

David K

Workshop Member
Nice to read a positive post about customer service. I've dealt with Ken on many occasions and recently had the pleasure of meeting him over dinner. In addition to being reputable he's a very nice guy.

D

d2mini

It would help those of us not in the know, to know who he is and how/where to buy from him. ;)

wolverine

I have dealt with Ken on many occasions. He is rare indeed. I don't know anyone that would send you a lens and tell you to pay later. Plus he is a great person. Frank

pesto

It would help those of us not in the know, to know who he is and how/where to buy from him. ;)
Over the past two decades, Ken has been my source for all things photographic. He is as honest and trustworthy as anyone I have ever known and he is a true pleasure to deal with. I spoke with him today asking his permission to post his contact information here; he allowed that I could put up his email address as a best means of contact. It is [email protected].

CharlesK

The 75 Lux I purchased through, a third party had obtained the lens through Ken, and he had advocated this lens was an excellent copy. Having had this lens now for 4 months, this lens is outstanding, in accurate focusing and rendering.

ashwinrao1

Ad my name to the Ken Hansen Bandwagon. I too have purchased some very hard to find glass, including a f/0.95 and mint red-scale elmar, from Ken. He's always fast to respond. I shipped me the Noct the day he recieved my check, before it even cleared...he's extraordinarily dedicated to his craft of sale, and is very responsive by email. He even called me after sending a lens once, to insure that I knew it was on its way.

Ken, along with Robert Jagitsch, are my two favorite online brokers for all photographic things (I love my Seattle crew at Glazers as well). You simply can't go wrong with Ken.

dseelig

Ken Hansen is the best dealer in the camera world. I have dealt with Ken for thirty years and though I like Roberts for getting my canon gear I wish Ken was still a canon dealer. I will have to suffice getting my Leica gear from him and have the knowledge when you buy from Ken and you have a problem you really do not have a problem because Ken will always take care of it, and has for me for 30 years.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This should be in the Sunset bar so it gets more visibility. I will move it over and BTW Ken is a great dealer as well.

L

Lux

Ken does not have a web site. He used to have a storefront in NYC but no longer. It's phone and e-mail and along the way, you'll have a very pleasant dialogue.

AGeoJO

I also spent quite of bit of my $$$ with Ken and he is definitely a top notch seller. I just received another shipment from him today.... :D.