The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Loyalty Rewards

T

tokengirl

I'm a big NBA fan. And the NBA hasn't been this exciting in YEARS. The "Decision", the "Melo-drama", the fast and furious flurry of activity right before the trade deadline, Mike Bibby giving up over SIX MILLION DOLLARS to go play for a good team instead of a sucky one. If you're not watching, you should be.

I'm a REALLY big Heat fan. We've played 67 games this season so far, and I've watched 64 of them in their entirety, missing only three west coast games that started at 10:30 pm. I've watched bits and pieces of maybe 30 other games in the league.

I watched the anemic start. I watched the winning streak against mostly mediocre teams. I watched their stunning defeat at the hands of the Magic, when we imploded and blew a 24 point lead in the 3rd quarter to lose by 4. I watched the heartbreaking loss to the Bulls by ONE freaking point. And I watched, in its entirety, the drubbing we took in San Antonio at the beginning of the month. The one where the Spurs knocked down a franchise-high seventeen 3-point shots. The one where our coach sat the Big Three down for the last nine minutes of the game, presumably because there was just no point in putting additional wear and tear on them for what was going to be a blowout.

I survived Cry-Gate.

I put my money on the table and took my assistant to the rematch against the Spurs last night. Walking in to the arena, our hearts were in our throats. Yeah, we're coming off a couple of nice wins against the Lakers and the Grizzlies. But now it's the Spurs. Again. The team with the best record in the league by a long shot. A team that really knows how play as a TEAM. The Heat was highly motivated, and I expected a good game.

But I did not expect this:

And my guys didn't need to make 3-point shots to do it either. I think they hit maybe three all night. They just defended, and got to the rim. Big time.

My money was well spent. :)

P.S. The REAL fans sit in the upper deck. We don't leave early when there's a blowout happening.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Consistency as a team is the key for the Heat. Oh yes i hate the Spurs too, I'm from Phoenix and have every right too. ROTFLMAO

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Knick fan here. Heat is not my favorite team. But then again, in baseball it is the Yankees for me . . .

T

tokengirl

Im a life long Celtics fan!:cool::D
I just got back from our last home game of the season. Sorry for your loss. Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with the Celtics - they looked terrible today. Worse than a couple of nights ago against the Bulls.