The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Spam and the B&S board

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I was the mod who approved the ridiculously cheap 5DII offer.
I looked at it blinked twice, ran the rules through my head and approved it.
From time to time the mods discuss these situations amongst ourselves and we decided that it was not a rule violation. I think I quipped something like "perhaps we ought to buy a dozen of them". We try to moderate this place carefully but firmly but considering its size, the task could grow to become unacceptable to our squad of volunteers if we made the rules too complex. I feel that it it better to hold the line firmly on a simple set of rules than to give up on a complex set that nobody understands and consequently would be administered unevenly. In the B&S forum, the real dynamic is the same as in any other financial transaction. If a willing buyer and seller agree on terms the deal is done. The mods cannot get into either parties head and anticipate what factors are significant.
So please let's keep it simple.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
And that comes from Bob in a hospital bed after surgery to his shoulder. What dedication is that you wonder. Love ya Bob get some rest bud. LOL

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I must have needed the surgery since it already feels better than before the operation. it is a real pita typing left handed.
I DO intend to rest a bunch today.
-bob

Leicadoc

Hope you feel better, Bob.
There's such a thing as TOO dedicated.
Take it easy and rest a day or two.
Don't pop your staples...

jonoslack

In the B&S forum, the real dynamic is the same as in any other financial transaction. If a willing buyer and seller agree on terms the deal is done. The mods cannot get into either parties head and anticipate what factors are significant.
So please let's keep it simple.
-bob
Quite agree Bob - the B&S seems to work really well as it is (at least for you guys in the States - it's not so efficient the other side of the pond). If it ain't broke!

Much more importantly - good luck with the shoulder - I hope it's better really soon.

all the very best