The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any interest to photograph in uncommon light

Kirmo

Would anyone be interest in photographing here in Finland.

During winter up north, no sunshine 24h/day. Yes, we have light, but it is
different. Also with good luck also aurora borealis / northern lights can fill the sky during nights.

During summer the opposite, sun 24h/day so it makes sense to sleep during daytime and be active during "nights".

We have also human conditions not total wilderness. Of course this is possible for those who want to enjoy that style. The weather can go -50C and even below that during winter. Yet normally far much warmer, -10C -- -30C

I could arrange with my friends a small group going to places where we'd like to go and so on.

Would be a chance to test also what they have sold us. I'm also waiting for my IQ180 and will test how it handles the next winter here.

We don't have the Grand Canyon or the Great Wall, but we have light in very different ways during the year.

Kirmo Wilén

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Dear Kirmo,

I have a day in Helsinki in mid-May on my way to Russia. How many hours of daylight can we expect? Going to spend the day touring Helsinki.

Thanks.

Kirmo

Alan,

sunrise in Helsinki on 15th May around 4:40 and sunset 21:50 the hazy time will last over one hour. The longest day is 21st June.

I travel between Helsinki area and country side. So might be around Helsinki.
Would gladly show the places if timing works. Info when coming.

Kirmo