The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

All Clear: Personal note

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I rarely if ever speak of my personal life but this is some good news I thought I would share. Anyway last year my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer than soon after lung cancer on her left lob. Two completely separate cancers which believe it or not is actually good news since neither one spread anywhere else. After almost a year of treatment and three surgeries including removal of her upper left lung lob, chemo and radiation we pretty much are looking at some closure as last thursday she had her final PET scan and we got a all clear today. We consider ourselves lucky as it was all very early in her cancers and we got to it all early enough to get to this point. Obviously she will continue with her pills for the next 6 years and get regular checkups but finally some good news for the Mancuso's. Also finally good news for Guy Mancuso Photography again as I can get back to work at full speed ahead. So I am looking for opportunities once again to forge forward on my 35 year career in this business. We look forward to this new chapter in our lives. Thanks to all my friends who have supported me in those times of trail in my life. :thumbs::salute::):thumbup:

RGoldman

That is truly wonderful news Guy. We always seem to take our health for granted and never think it will happen to us or the people we know.
Glad to hear she is clear and I hope you both take some time to celebrate.

Ron

PeterA

Fantastic news Guy - your family has been through a lot -good to put it all behind you.
All the best

Pete

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It was a very rough year we lost her mom right in the middle of it all too. Glad its a New Year now. Thanks

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
If I could I would have the sirens blast out the news all over town.
-bob

JCT

Fantastic news Guy -- from personal experience (husband diagnosed with leukemia 3 years ago), I know how stressful and all-encompassing this can be for both of you.

Really gets those priorities in shape!

Happy times and good health to you and your better half.

JT (soon to be your southern neighbor).

Godfrey

I'm happy to hear that these things have worked out well, Guy. It's is a heavy burden and weighs on both of you ... to be free of that is a terrific gift.

Best regards and wishes for well-being to your wife, and to you too.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Sorry to hear she had to go through it but very glad to hear she's victorious. Well done and congratulations.

Best,
Tim

jonoslack

HI There Guy
Fantastic to hear the news - your wife is obviously a brave and splendid woman (did we ever doubt it - her first triumph was obviously to put up with your camera buying habits :ROTFL:).

I've been thinking of you, and I'm delighted for you both.

HOORAY!