The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show the industri your favorite camera designs, aesthetically

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

After some search I found a used Nikon F3HP in excellent condition, aesthetically my favorite camera design of all times. A design that is in no way slick but simply so wonderfully functional.
So far it only comes in an analog version, but maybe some day ... :cool:

Let's show the industri what a really beautiful camera design looks like :)

Here are some shots of my personal favorite with different optics, what are your favorite designs ?

The F3HP seen from top with Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/85mm ZF

click for larger - in some browsers F11 deactivates <-> and again activates menu lines

Captured with Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • 1/15 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

and here en face with Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50mm ZF mounted

Captured with Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • 1/60 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

here seen with wideangle Nikon AI-S Nikkor 2.8/28mm

Captured with Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • 1/60 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 400 • Capture NX

here again with the big bowl Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/85mm ZF

Captured with Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • 1/60 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

and seen from top with Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50mm ZF mounted

Captured with Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • 1/13sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Oh, and re size ...
the F3HP with Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50mm ZF mounted - along with the Micro Four Thirds Panasonic G1 with f:3.5-5.6 / 14-45mm kit lens, just for size comparison

click for larger

Captured with Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/13 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

R

richard.L

I love my F3 also... yours looks cleaner. mine plays far too much. Although his name is Junior /JR now that I'm in Texas... he eats film by the brick and has that nice "golden glow" of wear on his advance as well as the bottom left side.