The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Idea for an exhibition "My Life"

GMB

I was asked whether I want to throw my head into the ring for a group exhibition with the title "My Life". I need 5 photos and, for timing reasons, these must come basically out of my existing stock. I really struggle with the concept; the most important "things" in my life are the people close to me but I don't want to show shots of them (and the shots may be interesting for me but not for others). I don't have shots relating to my profession or my hobbies other than photography. So far the best idea I came up with was a series of shots of places that mean something to me: the forest around the city where I live; the French coast; NYC; etc. While I am happy with these shots as such, I am still not convinced it's the right concept.

Of course, it's a very personal thing, but I would be interested in what others would do if faced with the same task. May be one could even start a thread where people post 3-5 shots corresponding to the concept.

Cheers,

Georg