The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

slow day here...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here fugitive ...

ostrich, nah not really
gull, no, it's not a gull

Bart, if you say it's a secret R10 test shot Doug will be here in a split second
he can identify the fugitive :lecture:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

Game Over

click for native size

Nikon D800E • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/1000 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX2

jonoslack

Bart - you've been tangling up the AF system again . . why did you choose a macro lens to take a turkey?

Tangled up in Green

Knorp

ostrich, nah not really
gull, no, it's not a gull

Bart, if you say it's a secret R10 test shot Doug will be here in a split second
he can identify the fugitive :lecture:
Bart - you've been tangling up the AF system again . . why did you choose a macro lens to take a turkey?
I'll bet even Doug would find it tough to identify this "fugitive".
Honestly, I don't why I tried to take this shot in the first place.
Must have been some sort of primitive emotional reaction ... :eek:

All the best.

jonoslack

I'll bet even Doug would find it tough to identify this "fugitive".
Honestly, I don't why I tried to take this shot in the first place.
Must have been some sort of primitive emotional reaction ... :eek:

All the best.
Bart - it's a lovely photo, full of intimations of defeat, and with a little soupçon of irony . . . and it's a chicken (I'd know a chicken anywhere)

Oh My . . I've just looked at the clock, and the horrible realisation has just dawned on me . . . . .

I'm 60 :facesmack::cry:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Oh My . . I've just looked at the clock, and the horrible realisation has just dawned on me . . . . .

There are at least two kinds of medicine that are supposed to help people survive the terrible destiny of turning 60. One is red, is made in France and other countries and is mostly sold in green bottles. If that doesn't help, there's a secret, golden, stronger formula coming from a country up north called Scotland (you may have heard about it). It has a golden colour and the varieties that have the best effect are distilled on some islands off the western part of the country.

Warning: The medication may have to be increased when new, round numbers are reached.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Bart - it's a lovely photo, full of intimations of defeat, and with a little soupçon of irony . . . and it's a chicken (I'd know a chicken anywhere)

Yoiks! Didn't realize it was right NOW. I'll second (third and so forth) the red/gold solution. :chug:

And to join in the slowness, the back goes DOWN for the image to go UP? NOW they tell me! :facesmack:

--Matt

Knorp

Sooo - now you have six crosses behind your name ... XXXXXX :bugeyes:

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Jono !
:chug:
Have a great day and lots of pressies ... :p
And since you're the party-boy today, you're fully entitled to know what kind of bird it was that almost knocked me over: white peacock ! Really !
:chug:​

All the best.

tsjanik

A rather clever use of discarded skis. Taken near the ski resort at Gore Mountain, NY. I wonder if anyone will think of an equally ingenious use for DSLRs when they no longer have enough MP or DR or sensor size or frames/sec or etc.

Jono: enjoy 60, it just gets worse. :)

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow legs here ...

A rather clever use of discarded skis (...)

or discarded legs

click for native size (7.4 Mb)

Nikon D800E • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/85mm G • 1/750 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 100 • Lightroom 4.1

D&A

Jono, definitely a day to celebrate...by raising a glass with friends and family alike and revel in the occasion that there are great times to look forward to. I would keep a watch on your mailbox as I'm sure Leica would love to get in on the festivities by sending you one of the 1st monochrom M's in your honor. At least they should do so with the wonderful introduction to the camera you've all given us here...and it should be with your both your birth date and 60th anniversary, engraved on the top plate! :)

Happy Birthday Jono!

Dave (D&A)

ustein

Contributing Editor
> engraved on the top plate!

Even better on the sensor. This way you can enjoy it with each image :).

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Alas for my poor photoshop skills, but wouldn't you like to see an "M9 Monochrom - Edition Jono Slack"? Who is this Hermès, anyway? I've never seen HIS photographs? :rolleyes:

--Matt

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Happy Birthday Jono!.
-bob