The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

slow day here...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

pictures for sale

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/500 sec. at f/4 ISO 200 • Capture NX2

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/160 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

slow awakening

©lick for actual pixels (4 Mb)

© • Nikon D610 • Carl Zeiss Distagon 2.8/21mm ZF • 1/80 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
BBC4 TV have been running a series of slow day films recently including an uninterrupted 2 hour film from the front of a canal boat as it wended its way out of Bath along the Kennet and Avon canal as far as the Dundas Aqueduct. No commentary, no music, just ambient sounds of splashing water, duck quacks and a train whistle for 120 minutes, including passing this half submerged barge which I just happened to photograph a few weeks ago.

They also showed the Dawn Chorus, shot over 3 days including a beautiful shot of a snail walking across a park bench at, well, snails pace I suppose, and some lovely dawn shots of dew and spiders webs with some bokeh to die for.
On iPlayer in some parts of the world I suppose.

Cheers,
Gandolfi.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D610 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50mm ZF • 1/5 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/250 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D