The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

slow day here...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

Exploring The Big Apple

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D500 • Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100mm ZF • flash 1/60 sec at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
This oil painting called to me from across the room at Bristol Museum and Art Gallery.

It's by Frederick William Elwell in 1929.

It's called 'My Neighbours House'.

I thought I liked it for it seemed to represent the vastness of space and time (and interior decor)! that is in a mere ninety or so years.

On closer inspection I noticed that the woman so elegantly descending the stairs not only has an early iPad mini but also a drawstring purse positively bulging with Bitcoins;)

Appearances can be deceptive.

D&A

Turtle says: "Ok, Ok, don't push me. Can't you see I'm moving as fast as I can? You and your fancy bikes, thinking everyone can fly as fast as you can...Shesh!"
(Cell Phone Pic)

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

© • click for actual pixels

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/400 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b804_DFA_4901]

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

© • click for actual pixels

© • Nikon Df • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D • [b824_DFA_4932]

rayyan

Steen, if that is a slow day; here is one from Seoul
Of the desert back home:)

Not water, but sand.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
slow day here ...

:lecture: elegant levitation, rayyan, definitely a genuine slow day activity :thumbup:

Whether my picture of Villa Caleta deserves the honorable slow day designation is a different matter.

I just imagined that sitting in the chair in front of the villa, watching the waves all day long while being kept an eye with by nobody else than Santa Claus, had to be a true slow day experience - at least it triggered my deep envy.

rayyan

Real slow day...I mean slowwww.

So I had all the time to experiment.
Man..I did not know somethings about the other gender.

Must be exiting!!