The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Are you having fun yet and where are you from

Are you having fun yet

• Having a blast the info is wonderful and people too.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Really nice site and forum is nice.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • It could use some work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give it up and get real jobs.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Little fun time here . Just want to know if you are enjoying the new forum . Also Jack and i were talking about the many different locations we are from so if you would like to put your location in that would be interesting . Also even if you want to say something interesting about yourself. That would be fun also . I won't push the photo of yourself though but if you want let it rip. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I AM having fun. So far it's a terrific mix of talent, skill, experience, and (best of all maybe) a sense of humor. Lots of photo forums take things so seriously. And in many cases that's just as it should be. Pros talking to pros and elevating their craft/growing their business. Speaking for me however, i like a little fun sprinkled in with the tech talk and problem solving.

I am now living in Central Maine, USA. A fine old New England state. After years in the thick of corporate life, I fled to this rural corner of the world. That was 10 years ago and it has turned out to be one of the best things I've ever done. If you're ever in the neighborhood, stop in and say hello!

T

tucker

A great site. Lots of help, information and comments to suit everyone. My first stop of choice now when visiting photo forums. Great idea and thanks for setting it up.

helenhill

QuITE FAB!!
everyone's work is an INSPIRATION
Love it
From NYC with a DLux 3 and musing over a GR ! or a GX100
waiting for SANTA to come
CHEERS / Helen

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Dublin, Texas, Home of the oldest Dr Pepper plant in the world.

I just retired from a University IT post. I'm trying to start up as a freelance shooter and writer. I spent 20 year before TSU with Control Data Systems as a systems analysis and a federal programs/project manager. A job which took me to some interesting places in the world.

Now my wife (a painter) of 36 years and I live in a house built in 1884 with three cats, 3000+ books, art and antiques including the plumbing system.

I trained as an Anthropologist and completed everything but my disseration. I got to doing some strange mathmatics on the university CDC 6000 and a big computer company hired me in 1981 for more at that time than anthorpology professors made so I started my life as a bit shuffler.

I started photography in high school with an Argus C3. I still have my first Leica a IIIG. As an undergraduate, I had a couple of shows of my work but ended my serious photography with grad school for over 30 years. I started back 3 years ago and had a show this past June.

I was raised in a household where my mother, a painter, sculptor and art teacher. She made me passionate about all the arts but most especially the visual ones. This leads me to see photography in the context of the visual arts and not a craft and look at it as participating in the complete tradition of the visual art forms.

In addition to my M8, I shoot a Canon 5D and R-D1.

Yes, I do look like my avatar.

Last edited:
K

kmanphoto

Hi Guy

been an avid reader of your posts for many years ( rob galbraiths , fred mirandas etc. ) I just registered for this site a week ago. I gotta tell you guys that this site is starting to remind of the old Rob Galbaith site ---- which is good, very good info and none of the stuff that goes on the DP Review site ( i think we all know what I mean ) Best of luck and as always I really appreciate the free exchange of info and ideas and I try to chirp in whenever I can. One item of note ---- I love the fact that your "small" sensor forums seem to be flourishing on this site --- it is kind of funny that this is happening now because I finally have started to use a small digicam myself ( Leica C-Lux 2 ) which i absolutely love --- hey it literally fits in my pants pocket and actually does a reasonable job. By the way I am from the state that currently contains the defending Superbowl Champs ( indy ) for you non football fans.

kman