The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The B&S Forum...

Jonas

...and all those posts commenting on prices and lenses.

It has for some time now been common, or at least not un-common with members posting comments on the thread starter's opening posts. These comments have been about the price and sometimes about the quality of the item up for sell. Sometimes about both.

This is annoying. It once happened to me. That was partly my own fault asking a rhetoric question ("Is the price too high for you guys?") and getting a comment including another lower class similar lens with a lower price. That was OK, I could take that, and that's not the main reason for me to post.

The last weeks we have seen several threads more or less ruined by such comments. If somebody wants to sell a high quality lens for USD 8k then that's it, we don't need somebody making jokes about the price. We also don't need people posting mini reviews of items.

Is it possible to do something to stop this? Perhaps warn and then ban the (insert whatever)?

The B&S is a great service which buyers and sellers both benefit from. Why let some ruin it?

regards,

/Jonas

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
First and foremost what happens is sellers place a ad and just let it go. Take responsibility for your ads is number 1 rule of the day. If it goes south than report it. We cannot no matter how many moderators we have READ EVERYTHING and it is YOUR responsibility to help us keep things under control. Remind people to please read the B&S rules. Lets face it we all know they are there do we need 100 point type to scream it a little louder.

Folks this is YOUR forum and all that control on how things should be comes from our members. Sure I sit here on the control board along with several others as well but lets be perfectly clear our mods are business people that travel the globe are highly educated and bottom line busy people and I love them for volunteering to help. So I do NOT want to hear from anyone its there fault. Its up to you to help and guide people to read the rules and WE would appreciate if we can't get to a thread to remind folks of the rules . Send a PM be part of the solution and not to issue. You want GetDPI to be the best forum around( Here is a clue ) it already is but help from our members is also needed and appreciated. Help us help You.

That little triangle under your Avatar is the KEY. That report goes to ALL the moderators. But you also need to educate the newbies as they 9 times out of 10 did not read the rules and are making the infractions. Its called educating and as much as we learn , share and participate here . How hard is it to help a new member be shown the path to the rules.

Just remember only the members can ruin the B&S but they can also be part of the solution.

Yes i am running in the next election for Mod. of the year.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

stephengilbert

This is the free speech zone, right?

I understand the rules, and abide by them, but sometimes it's hard. When someone whose only connection with the forum is to sell camera equipment posts an ad that is misleading, or that asks a very high price for something that's available for less from B&H, I'm tempted to say so. I guess I think of the forum as a community, and feel more loyalty to the members who might get duped than to someone dropping by to make a sale. (This does not refer to Jonas, or to whatever he was selling. I never looked at his ad.)

I know, I'm just a meddler at heart, and should mind my own business. So I guess the rules are good for me.

Jonas

This is the free speech zone, right?
(...) (This does not refer to Jonas, or to whatever he was selling. I never looked at his ad.)

I know, I'm just a meddler at heart, and should mind my own business. So I guess the rules are good for me.
Yes, it's the free speech zone, just as free as if you were at a pub - or so I think about it. No worries, I know you don't refer to me.

Have a look at this thread for example. Or have a look at the CV35/1.2 currently up for sell.

Basically the rules are fine. They say no to commenting the price. In the Cv35/1.2 a poster jumped in bashing the lens because something with the bokeh isn't to his taste, and when pointed out he should go to the discussion boards instead he posted another silly comment.

But, I guess Guy's reply is at place, and correct. The guys posting their stuff for sell could have complained. So then there was no need for me to start this thread. I've never complained on any post in any forum, ever, maybe that's why I haven't checked out about it.

regards,

and Happy Father's Day to you Guy!

/Jonas

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I delete them, warn poster and often ban them.
please report what you see since we cannot be everywhere at once.

A fair price is the price that an exchange of goods and money for an amount agreeable to both parties.
Note that often the parties that do not but the item may consider the price to be wrong, but it may be right for someone.

If for any reason folks snipe at an ad based on the desirability of the item or the price I will just start banning now and worrying about it later.
if you have an issue with an ad, even avout an obvious typo, a pm to the OP is the technique to use.

I have my ban screen primed and ready.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Jonas we actually want you to complain and reason I said use that report to mod. Button. One of us will get that report and react according to our rules. It's not whining it's being a good member trying to help. In my book that is a good thing and best for the forum at large. We just don't see everything. Like I said help us help you.