The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Used Leica lens prices

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
@ Guy:
Stop wanting it. LOL
How's that working for you?
:ROTFL:

Seriously, +1 for Godfrey, Roger, and Guy. It's simple:

Caveat Emptor!

I see prices here and elsewhere that, frankly, are ludicrous. My response? No response—apart from moving on. Cheers to all, KL

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
@ Guy: How's that working for you?
:ROTFL:

Seriously, +1 for Godfrey, Roger, and Guy. It's simple:

Caveat Emptor!

I see prices here and elsewhere that, frankly, are ludicrous. My response? No response—apart from moving on. Cheers to all, KL
Not well. LOL

atanabe

I have a lot of empathy for the dealers in this market and Robert is a one of the best .
+1 for Robert and there are still dealers that have brick and mortar stores with a low key web presence that have Leica stock on hand.

Walked into one last month and they had 2 35 Summilux and 2 50 Summicrons on the shelf along with other lenses and guess what? They were at MAP price, new with warranty. The moral here is that sometimes you just got to do your homework. BTW resisted the urge to plunder and profit, instead posted on the B&S forum with their contact information. I will be going back down there in a couple of weeks to see how they are doing.

johnnygoesdigital

+1 for Robert and there are still dealers that have brick and mortar stores with a low key web presence that have Leica stock on hand.

Walked into one last month and they had 2 35 Summilux and 2 50 Summicrons on the shelf along with other lenses and guess what? They were at MAP price, new with warranty. The moral here is that sometimes you just got to do your homework. BTW resisted the urge to plunder and profit, instead posted on the B&S forum with their contact information. I will be going back down there in a couple of weeks to see how they are doing.
Yes,

I guess nobody HAS to pay those incredible prices and doing lots of research for Leica lenses is a good idea. Really, the moral of the story is simply, "Buyer Beware". And judging from these posts and policies, that's all you've got. With the sale of these high priced lenses, the real honorable sellers might provide some kind of return policy too.