The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Surprise contents in auction box

DavidL

I was on my way back from a shoot in London, talking to a fellow traveller, when a lady said. "I hope you don't mind me butting in but as your a photographer could you help me." I was expecting the usual, "What camera should I buy, but no, big NO. This lady had bought a wooden box at an auction, when she got home and opened it she found it contained between 20 and 30, she had counted them, photographic prints by a photographer called Cartier- Bresson. They were original prints signed and with his copyright stamp on the back. The one she liked best was the one of the Beatles with Harold Wilson. Anyway to cut a long story short, it's three and a half hours from London to Devon, I offered her the £35 pounds for the prints and said that meant she got the great box for nothing:ROTFL: Just kidding. I said I imagined they were worth quite a bit as they had been carefully packed with interleaves. Luckily she had heard of Cartier-Bresson so thought they may be worth something.
Lucky find hey!
David