The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

iPhone 3G Color

I am curious if there is way to adjust the color or contrast on the iPhone 3G. The color on my iPhone isn't as rich as the color on my daughter's iPhone when displaying the same photo. Her iPhone display is more accurate than mine when compared to the same photo on a calibrated monitor. I suspect my iPhone needs just a tad of contrast boost because the blacks are not black and dimming the brightness does not help.

Mark

Thank you for the link, Terry. My iPhone isn't having a problem with warmer tones as reported in the link. In fact, the yellows are not as yellow on mine as they are on my daughter's. I may not have noticed the lack of contrast/color vibrance on my iPhone if it weren't for comparing it with my daughter's iPhone using the same image. Actually, this is my second iPhone (returned the first one for a different color) and I believe the first one rendered the image like my daughters iPhone (I also regret the color change).

David you are correct to think I just need to adjust the brightness. That was my first thought as well. However, no amount of brightness adjustment could get the image to look as good as it does on my daughter's iPhone.

Don't get me wrong, the color isn't terrible and it is not a huge roblem if not corrected. I was just hoping there was a way to make adjustments in addition to brightness.

Mark

D

ddk

David you are correct to think I just need to adjust the brightness. That was my first thought as well. However, no amount of brightness adjustment could get the image to look as good as it does on my daughter's iPhone.

Don't get me wrong, the color isn't terrible and it is not a huge roblem if not corrected. I was just hoping there was a way to make adjustments in addition to brightness.

Mark
I wonder if you both have the 3g, personally I prefer the display of my original iPhone to the new one, I see better saturation and colors. You could always pop into an apple store and see what they have to say about it.