The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I am going to be in Sarasota FL

jsf

I was wondering if anyone had hot places to photograph there this time of year? I went last year to Winter Park near Christmass and ity was a cool time. Met a bunch of nice people from Orlando. So I was wondering if there were any tips in August. In Sarasota, Any ideas???? Joe

weinschela

Subscriber Member
I suppose ocean views, but when I was there a couple of years ago, I found opportunities lacking. There is a farmers/flea market downtown I think and that may be interesting. You'll need to find out which days they have it.

stephengilbert

"Myakka River State Park is one of Florida's oldest and largest state parks. The 'Florida Wild and Scenic Myakka River' flows through 57 square miles of wetlands, prairies and woodlands. Myakka is popular for hiking, fishing, camping, and wildlife observation." http://www.myakkariver.org/index.php

I've never been there, but if you want to see Florida, it might be worth the short trip.

jsf

Thank you for the suggestions. Selby is really my favorite place but I am intrigued about Myakka. My wife grew up in Sarasota but she doesn't have an eye for photos. The beach at Siesta Key is where we stay, I just thought that there might be something I am missing. Joe