The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Closing threads...

Jonas

I don't like that as I don't understand why things can't be discussed until they die from natural causes.

It's your board, you run it any way you like. Just saying.

(Example)

regards,

/Jonas

weinschela

Subscriber Member
That thread was getting personal and nasty and I personally don't have a problem with a mod stepping in in those kind of situations. These forums are welcome for their friendly and helpful discussions. Most people here do not try to browbeat someone with a different opinion and there is a difference between candid discussion and condescension:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This is a no harassment site PERIOD. Its taken very seriously. I agree with Bob we may actually are a day late on it. Please report this stuff folks.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Folks have earnest opinions and I appreciate that. What we do not want to see is a gladiatorial contest where members try to prove their point by beating the other to death.
So that they can come back for another day, sometimes it is best to cool things down which is what I hope I did.
The technical discussion had already died a natural death and what was left was no longer constructive.
-bob

Jonas

Thank you for clarifying. I guess we just see it differently and set the limits at different levels.

(Therefore I can only hope I wasn't behaving in a, for this site, too rude way in the "Future" thread. I hope I would have gotten a PM about it.)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Any level that gets personal is out of bounds. Very simple no matter what culture

There simply is no need for it. Good discussion is awesome and not everyone will agree but any personal affront is not tolerated. Let me clearly state we are not like any other forum and that is what our members enjoy is a hassle free environment. So do I

You have a issue with anyone use the PM system and work it out. Those discussions are private and not for the public .