The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Are pro sports photographers shooting tethered?

Terry

I've found it interesting with both the Olympics and just now with the USOpen at how fast images are making it on to the internet. Within a minute or two of winning the USOpen, the NYTimes webpage had a picture of Serena up on line. Similar from the Olympics. If not tethered, how are they transmitting the images back so quickly to get uploaded?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I was able to shoot the last Red Sox Yankees game in Yankee stadium last week from the pit. One photographer was shooting tethered to a 17 macbook with a viewing hood. The normal process is to use runners to collect cards frequently but I thought some of the newer wireless technology was going to improve on the process. I shot the Open on Tuesday from the 7th row but they let me roam with the Press in the stands . Didn t see anyone shooting tethered .