The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

question on US <-> France camera trade

ampguy

I'm considering trading a user camera with a member here in France with a different user camera.

I'm not concerned with the trader, we've both traded with similar folks here, but I have a question on customs on taking a user camera from France.

I'm concerned that even though he will be labeling it as a gift, and maybe even wrapping it, that somehow someone in customs might think it is worth more than it is, despite the worn cosmetics, and some non functioning elements.

What's the risk here? If it's minimal, or likely to be a reasonable fee (< $25 ish or so) I can probably deal with it.

On ebay, or the classifieds on forums, these user cameras would probably be valued at $150 to $200.

Also, are there any considerations I need to do while shipping my user camera to him from the US to France? I'm thinking USPS Intl. Air/Priority Mail?

Thanks!