The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photographers' Profiles

aboudd

A few weeks ago I started a new photography blog. When I see a photographer whose work I particularly enjoy I post a profile with some of his or her work.
This week Sun Nan from Beijiing and Heru Mansell, U.S. Navy Afghanistan are featured. I'm sure you will enjoy their work as much as I do.

http://everything-foto.blogspot.com/view/magazine

Godfrey

If I may suggest:

- I and most of the people I know who read material like this tend to prefer doing so using an iPad or other tablet device, rather than a desktop or laptop computer system. So it would be well to consider optimizing the presentation for those devices first.

- The dark gray text on black background is almost unreadable in its present form, and in its present size. Larger text with better differentiation between background and text colors would go a long way to make the content more enjoyable.

aboudd

Referring to everything-foto.blogspot.com

I have it set as magazine format, black text on white, so I don't understand why you are getting dark gray on black.

Godfrey

Referring to everything-foto.blogspot.com

I have it set as magazine format, black text on white, so I don't understand why you are getting dark gray on black.
That was the non-dynamic version to read on my iPad, basically the only way I ever find time to read these sorts of things. I'm never at my desk with time to kill on this sort of stuff.

On Safari on my Mac OS X system, it renders black text on white.

G

aboudd

More Photographers' Profiles

Hi Gang,

I went to a simple design for the blog, www.everything-foto.blogspot.com. I am hoping it shows up white on black everywhere now. Please let me know if it doesn't. There is a new architectural photo posting this evening and I'm putting the finishing touches on another photographer's profile for tomorrow.

D&A

Hi Aboud,

I haven't specfically looked at your blog on the ipad yet, to see how it reproduces, but have enjoyed reading everything you've posted so far (as I've been viewing it on my laptop). Looks really good and have enjoyed the mix of topics and the infomation they contain. Looking forward to further additions. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: