The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hobbyists selling their work

GMB

Like many others on this forum, I do not earn a living with photography—on the contrary, I am sinking large sums of money into my hobby :eek:. OTOH, from time to time a produce an image that may be worth selling, either as a fine art print, a postcard or otherwise. The same is obviously true for other hobbyists, and I know that some of you are selling their work.

I would be curious to know how and where do you sell and market your work. I am about the create a webpage on zenfolio, but I there are so many…

Anyway, hope we can start a thread exchanging views on this topic.

Georg

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I highly recommend picking up a copy of "Marketing Fine Art Photography" by Alain Briot. He has a lot of good advice about how to approach the next step the right way and learn from the mistakes of others ( and he's quite honest about the fact that he made many of them himself! )