The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My camera is better than yours

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
OK, a fun thread. rules are simple:
Describe why your camera which you must disclose is better than the camera posted by the previous poster.
Duplicates are allowed, so just because someone already said they were using a speed graphic, it is ok to use it again as an example.
Silliness is of course allowed.

Since there is nobody in front of me on this list I will assume that the mythical previous poster said that their camera was a speed graphic.

My camera is an iPhone.
It is better since number 5 flash bulbs are almost impossible to find.
-bob

Terry

You set the bar pretty high there but....

I will say a my Fuji Instax
Because I can immediately have a print.

V

Vivek

I will choose one randomly out of all the RF cams I have: The Canon 7sz.

It makes a nice nut cracker, even without the 50/0.95 mounted. It is safe even without a body cap because of the metal curtains it has.:thumbs:

jonoslack

Enough of the messing about already
My camera is a Sony NEX7
It's better than your Canon Vivek . . . because I can while away happy hours trying to work out what the hell the different menu options do (and when they're unavailable).

monza

Jono, my M4 is much better than your NEX 7 since it can take multiple types of analog sensors. :)

Terry

Enough of the messing about already
My camera is a Sony NEX7
It's better than your Canon Vivek . . . because I can while away happy hours trying to work out what the hell the different menu options do (and when they're unavailable).
And here I was just trying to start out tame to build up to the NEX 7!

ghoonk

My H4D-40 eats the NEX for breakfast, spits out cleanish files at ISO1600, insane bokeh with the 100/2.2 lens, and shoots 4 minute exposures ;)

And I can beat a street thug to death with one if I'm ever mugged.

Terry

My H4D-40 eats the NEX for breakfast, spits out cleanish files at ISO1600, insane bokeh with the 100/2.2 lens, and shoots 4 minute exposures ;)

And I can beat a street thug to death with one if I'm ever mugged.
Well this has accelerated way too fast....

IQ180 with Arca tech camera....forget about the insane bokeh. How about as sharp anything out there with lots and lots of pixels to play with.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Terry,
My x100 is better because it comes with a complete set of lenses.
-bob

fotografz

And you can put it in a sock and beat a thug to death with it ... as long as he isn't 250lbs and on meth ... in which case you can take a movie of him beating you to death and send it to your facebook page.

Bet that would go viral. :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
My iPhone is better since it goes on my dirt bike. I just dumped it twice too today. Can I take my nap now, I'm sore. Lol

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My Fuji S3 is better than your iPhone since it saves energy by only taking 3 photos before the buffer is full and I have to stop to have lunch and take a nap before it works again :)

jonoslack

Ahh Jorgen
My Olympus E1 is better than your Fuji S3, because i've lost the battery charger, and so it doesn't take any pictures at all - which means I can nap all day . . . and then I don't have to do the pp in the evening, so I can nap then too.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Jono,
My Arca Rm3Di is better than your E1 since I drink every night to ease the suffering caused by long and uncertain delivery delays. The lack of a web site also helps build confidence as does the one sheet instruction manuals.
This camera is so good that RTFM dos not help at all.
-bob

PeterL

My Nikon F is better than all your cameras because it can be used as a hammer and still work.

Cheers, -Peter