The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cameras and Partners, Gas and Math

jonoslack

The perfect number of cameras to have is, of course

N+1

Where N is the number you already have.

However this needs to be moderated by the companion formula, which also defines the perfect number of cameras to have. Which is:

P-1

Where P is the number of cameras which will prompt your Partner to kick you out of the house.

Happiness is where N+1 = P-1

have a grand weekend!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Would you say Jono, that as N approaches infinity P approaches 0 +p where p is that number of partners insensitive to N over some interval [a,b]?
-bob

raywest

Surely it has to be N<(P-V) (where V is an undefined variable, possibly exponentially related to domestic chores, or other personal situations). If N+1= P-1 it leaves little safety margin, unless you like living dangerously. In most cases, as N approaches P, V will generally increase. The art is to keep dV small, but if you are really clever, you make V a negative value.

If N+1 = P-1 then N+2 = P so you've room for 1 more camera. :D

Best wishes,

Ray

jonoslack

Hi Gio
very happy thanks - my wife and I understand these equations perfectly; have done for years. For me P is a much bigger number than M. Although of course we didn't include the MF weighting factors!

monza

Anyone have the ideal lens formulas handy? I forgot to write them on my palm before the test :)

Godfrey

The perfect number of cameras to have is, of course
N+1
Where N is the number you already have.
However this needs to be moderated by the companion formula, which also defines the perfect number of cameras to have. Which is:
P-1
Where P is the number of cameras which will prompt your Partner to kick you out of the house.
Happiness is where N+1 = P-1

have a grand weekend!
I don't know what you've been imbibing but it's affecting you.