The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How's is the IPAD useful with your camera?

I use the iPad exclusively for writing my Lumix blog. I use an app called "Blogsy," which is just plain awesome. So much so, I won't try to write an entry with anything else. It integrates with flickr and other services seamlessly.

I also just started playing with snapseed. While I'm not a big image manipulator, I must admit it's fun and creative. Here is a recent post showing some images I played with on a recent airplane flight:

DMC-365 - My Year with Lumix Camera Equipment: Manipulated Images - "Grunged Japan" by Reed A. George

Great fun.

The iPad is enabling for me.

Reed
My Lumix Blog: DMC-365.blogspot.com

Hosermage

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts! I just bought a Ipad3 for wifey. I'm trying to get her into photography, but I doubt that she'll find playing with images in lightroom a joy. So I thought with an Ipad and a few good apps, maybe she'll find it easier to process her images and share.

Many have mentioned snapseed, and I've loaded "Tadaa" as it was recommended by Steve Huff. Any other apps that you wouldn't live without? (photography-related)

FredBGG

Not Available
I found the iPad to be quite useless with a camera.
Eye-Fi is way way to slow. Camera connection kit just too flakey and delicate.
No tools to properly calibrate the screen.

I now use a Samsung Slate 7.
It's a PC in a tablet with a wacom pressure sensitive pen.
I can connect via USB.
It's calibrated with my Spyder Pro
It runs Lightroom, Photoshop and all my desktop applications.

I use a second one to back up captures made to the first one.

At the studio it goes into the docking station with gigabit ehternet and the files are automatically picked up by my workstation and backed up to my Raid NAS.

The Samsung Slate 7 costs twice as much as the iPad, but is many many times better.