The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

From m43 back to APSC Anyone?

sagar

I have read numerous thread across the forums about people jumping on to m4/3 wagon declaring they are selling their APSC/FF gear lenses, or virtually making m43 as primary gear and so on.

Just curious to see, if any one ended up returning back to APSC and what reasons you came back.

if you have gone through this, please share your experience and reasoning.

V

Vivek

My only interest in the m4/3rds was for the live view (with an EVF). I did not mind the 4/3rds format.

Current used cams are GH-2s and NEX-7.

If there is a full frame (useful) mirrorless, I will get one immediately. As simple as that.:)

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Yes, I jumped on to MFT with a Panasonic, and then jumped right off to a Nex7, which suits me better. The Nex viewfinder is better and focusing manual lenses is easier -- for me. YMMV.

Lisa

I got a MFT awhile back to replace my APS DSLR (for its smaller size & weight), but found that the dynamic range just wasn't good enough for my purposes. Because of the smaller sensor, when skies weren't blown out, the shadows were considerably darker, and correspondingly noisier if one tried to brighten them in post-processing. I ditched the MFT and returned to my DSLR. I just recently picked up a NEX-7 with its APS size sensor, and am getting used to it - so far it looks as good as my DSLR (which makes sense, since the sensor is the same size).

Lisa