The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

something new

tsjanik

ummm ... a sunroof on a sedan or sport yute is NOT a convertible. My Land Rover Freelander had sunroof and removable rear top, and it was *still* not a convertible. ;-)

The SLK has nothing to do with practicality. It has to do with driving pleasure. !
Well I did say de facto; perhaps I should say an approximation of a convertible, with an integral full-cage rollbar

In my climate, at least for part of the year, not getting stuck is driving pleasure. :ROTFL:

Enjoy your SLK.

Last edited:

Godfrey

Well I did say de facto; perhaps I should say an approximation of a convertible, with an integral full-cage rollbar

In my climate, at least for part of the year, not getting stuck is driving pleasure. :ROTFL:

Enjoy your SLK.
LOL! Thank you. I am enjoying it very much indeed. :)

(It does have integral roll bars and the windshield frame is also specially reinforced to support the entire weight of the vehicle too, so it's got the roll cage effect.)

D&A

Enjoy your SLK.
Godfrey & Tom,

A couple of comments. I understand what Tom is referring to with regards to the Forester's sunroof. One of my Foresters has one and it's as big a sunroof as I've ever seen....it's immense in size (especially for a compact SUV) and almost feels as thought there is no top when it's open.

Godfrey, can't believe you had a Freelander (especially the unusal 2 dr removebale top version). The Freelander in the U.S. was a rare bird indeed and the fisaco with it's "USA only" engine made by a (non Land rover) independant British company that had to deal with engine failures in almost all of them was a nightmare. That engine company went bankrupt and those with engine failures (some at less than 40,000 miles) had absolutely no option. I still have mine (4dr), but thats a story for another day.

Dave (D&A)

M

Markus

Congrats on the new car, Godfey. A German classic! My dad owned one of these (in black though).

Godfrey

I didn't have any engine faired with the Freelander, but it proved to be a rather expensive vehicle to run based on fuel economy and service costs. Great to drive, however.

I hope the Merc proves a lot cheaper to run. The mechanic I've found is very reasonable and sensible.