The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Suspicious photographers.

Don Libby

Interesting and also very sad. By the way just where were the children in the photo?

Totally screwed up.

Don

Kirmo

Just back from 8th trip to Hainan China.

Again back from photograpers heaven. No problems ever there
for photographing. Some shy people but no police or other authorities
have never asked what I'm doing with with my cameras. Me the only
big white guy and no hope hiding in the crowds.

So we in western world are now really paranoid. Same coming to
Finland also. It's sad and is one reason why prefer to go to places
like China. I want to photograh and be worried all the time can I do
this or what happens if I raise my camera and when will the police come.

V

Vivek

Please do not broad brush all of the western hemisphere as having succumbed to this paranoia.

On the left is the glass walls of the Dutch parliament building in the Hague. I walk by it every other day and make snaps almost all the time as well.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yeah, you Dutch weirdos... taking photos openly on the street. And you don't even wear a brown paper bag over your head?

But seriously, this is getting way over the top. I haven't been out of Asia for a couple of years, and the more I read about these things, the less tempted I am to travel west. Photographing the life on this planet is too important to ignore. The risk is that we end up with a controlled, distorted, antiseptic impression left for future generations to watch.