The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Silicon Valley Local Get Together at Printer's Cafe in Palo Alto!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hey all, time for another get together! Let's meet at Printer's Cafe on California Street in Palo Alto, 4PM on Thursday November 13th. Every body is welcome, and feel free to bring a friend!

Hope to see you there!

Terry

Hey all, time for another get together! Let's meet at Printer's Cafe on California Street in Palo Alto, 4PM on Thursday November 13th. Every body is welcome, and feel free to bring a friend!

Hope to see you there!
Hi Jack,
I'm going to try and make it down there for my first bay area event! Pretty soon I can call myself TEBsf....

Terry

Lisa

I might also point out to others here that Printers Cafe is practically across the street from Keeble & Shuchat, the best camera store I know of in the Bay Area. :)

I'll be there!

Lisa

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for missing it.
I will be stuck in a meeting in St. Helena.
-bob

Lars

Would have loved to be there, when we started Lightcrafts our office was just a block away. Printer's Cafe was one of our regular lunch spots.

Reminds me of a "funny" incident in that office... the building had a problem with bees building a nest inside an outer wall. The landlord hired a bee keeper to take care of the problem, for some reason the bee keeper made a hole through the sheetrock on the inside, in one of our office rooms, to capture all the bees (some 50-100K of them he said). Well, he didn't seal the hole off properly. I went to the office on a Saturday afternoon unaware of what was going on.

As I stepped inside there was a humming sound from upstairs where our office was. Imagine my surprise as I walked upstairs and saw tens of thousands of bees flying around. Luckily they weren't too agressive so I got out again without getting stung. The building was cleaned up but even a month later there was a nasty smell in the building, the bees probably got into the ventilation system.